Review: Olee Sleep 10 Inch Gel Infused Layer Top Memory Foam Mattress Blue
The Olee Sleep mattress features a 3-layer construction which lends it just the right rigidity and softness. The top layer is infused with gel to give it memory properties and quite frankly, works like a charm. This is a no-frills mattress and does what it is designed to do. It comes with a cover that is easy to remove and clean. This is very thoughtful since most of the mattresses simply get so dirty over time that you begin to resent sleeping on them. It is lightweight, and easy to move around, making it an excellent choice for people who frequently move, such as students. It even makes a great choice for motels because of its inexpensiveness, low weight, and low maintenance requirement.
What is Wrong With It?
Well, where to begin! Multiple buyers have expressed that the mattress has a strong chemical odor to it. In most cases, the odor is only a temporary issue, and goes away after some days of use. Airing it out on the terrace or the balcony for a few hours for a couple of days did the trick most of the times. However, more than a handful of users have remarked that the chemical odor is strong and does not go away even after months of usage. Some users have had much worse experiences with this mattress. They got allergic reactions to it, including headache, flu-like symptoms, sore throat, and the works. Clearly, the mattress releases chemical fumes which may have adverse effects on your health.
- Inexpensive. A Twin size variant costs under $150, and a King size is about $250
- The mattress has comfortable firmness to it. It is not so soft that you sink into it, and not so hard that it feels rigid against your body
- Although a foam mattress, the memory foam retains its shape and returns to its original form despite years of use
- It is quite easy to install. It comes shrink wrapped in plastic and all you need to do is remove the plastic. The bed will expand to its normal size. That’s it. You are done.
- You can use the mattress even without the bed frame. It is quite comfortable that way.
- Strong chemical odor can be a real downside for this mattress. If you are particularly sensitive to chemicals or have a sensitive nose, you may end up hating this mattress
- Whether it was because of the odor or something else, users have reported allergic reactions to the mattress
- Foam is extremely hot. Many users have complained that the mattress gets heated very easily and makes it a hellish experience to sleep on it